<VV> Blowing fuses

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 16:06:29 EDT 2020

Hello, Kent!If it shorts as soon as you put the fuse in, there is a dead short to ground in the wiring exiting the fuse box. If it does it with the glovebox closed and the light switch off and the brake switch not activated you know the short is upstream of those switches, which means, for instance, that the wiring from the brake light switch at the brake pedal back to the tail/brake lights is not the problem. Since the switch for the courtesy lights and for the glove box are basically at the "end of the line" that wiring will always be suspect. The courtesy lights are supplied live voltage and wires tie them to the switches in the door jambs (as well as the light switch) so all that run of wire is suspect. Since all these circuits are tied together for the common connection to the output side of the fuse, I don't know how to narrow it down further other than just inspecting the wiring to find where it has chafed through. Have you done any recent work that may have damaged some of the wire routing, or did it just suddenly happen?

-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on