<VV> Brake lights

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu Sep 10 13:46:27 EDT 2020

On 9/10/2020 12:08 PM, Richard via VirtualVairs wrote:
> My brake lights stay on after I press on the pedal.  I tried adjusting the brake light switch to no avail. How about adjusting the rod?   66 monza

Unplug the switch just to make sure it is the switch.  Then... you Might
wanna try giving the switch a shot of penetrant through the plunger
edges and into the socket connections to loosen things up inside.  My
'60 4-door ran the battery down a couple weeks ago when the switch
plunger decided to stick and I didn't notice the brake lights had stayed
on. A shot of Liquid Wrench fixed it.

If that doesn't work, replace the brake light switch.  It's a corporate
part so it shouldn't be hard to find.

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com