<VV> Brake lights

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Sep 11 00:29:18 EDT 2020

When the master cylinder needs to be rebuilt, it might not return to the
top of its travel (seen it many times), keeping the brake lights on. The
pedal must come up far enough to push in the plunger on the switch to
turn off the lights.

Back in the day when these cars were cheap transportation, the quick fix
was a screen door spring to pull on the pedal......  Of course the
correct fix was rebuild the master cylinder.

Now if the plunger is pushed in and the lights are still on, the switch
is defective.

Frank DuVal