<VV> FC PG heat exchanger mounting help

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 04:16:20 EST 2021

The cooler mounts at an angle beside the battery. There are short rubber hoses at the cooler. I put a huge RV cooler 3 times as big 1 foot ahead of the tranny on my rampy. Lines are rubber about 1 ft long. I can send correct info from factory assembly manual later. I suggest at least a manual for your vehicle if not the whole set!. It is a good investment.  Regards TimColson  cnycorvair.com

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

  On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 10:38 PM, Matt via VirtualVairs<virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:   I remember the lines being steel all the way? And the cooler needs to be out in the airstream.

Matt Nall
Sea Mountain
SW  Oregon Coast

Sent from Mail for Windows 666

From: mherwald--- via VirtualVairs

Ok-I have a heat exchanger and a Van with PG.

The van did not have the exchanger in it.

Sometime ago I purchased an original heat exchanger and the metal lines.

I also have a rebuilt PG with the proper connections for the lines.

I know the exchanger mounts somewhere in the lower battery compartment.

I see where the battery bracket mounts but don't see where the exchanger
mounts.

It has 2 holes on each end.

Could someone please tell me where and how it mounts?

Also what type flexible hose would be appropriate to connect both ends of
the metal lines to the exchanger?

Thank you.

--
https://www.avg.com