<VV> NECC to Honor Warren LeVeque

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 12 14:42:56 EST 2021

On November 29, 2020, the Corvair community lost WarrenLeVeque to complications from COVID-19. Warren was an innovative race carbuilder, champion autocross driver, and a great friend to NECC.   And so this year, we're naming our Pocono event the"Warren LeVeque Memorial” in his honor. Please join us for a thrilling dayof driving on Pocono's North Course Saturday, July 31st, 2021.   Warren was a fierce competitor and the man to beat at ourevents. Many times he set FTD at the national CORSA convention. But at the sametime Warren was always willing to help others upgrade or fix their Corvairs. Hewas an incurable tinkerer, designer and builder. If Warren said "this isthe way it ought to be, it will work better", you could bet on it!  To honor our good friend, we have decided, with permissionfrom the family, that this year's event at Pocono International Raceway onSaturday July 31 will be called the Warren LeVeque Memorial.  Warren was always in good cheer and always had a smile. Hispiano performances at our national conventions were a real hoot.  Warren was a long-time supporter of the Northeast CorvairCouncil. He attended many of our events and often helped us set up courses. Youcould always count on him.  We are inviting everyone who knew Warren, raced against him,were helped by him, and saw Warren for the good person he was to attend thisevent, Saturday July 31st at Pocono Raceway. Even if you don't have a car torun on the track, join us. We are hoping his sons Michael and Scott will bethere.  Although the virus is making planning difficult, we are workingon other activities either that evening or the next day. There will be a lotmore details published in the next few weeks.  In memory of Warren,The Board of Directors of NECC  Text prepared by Brian O'Neill, Bill Tynan and TerryStafford of NECC.