<VV> Bench testing Pertronix unit

Jim Simpson simpson661 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:46:57 EST 2021

I've given it a try.  I clamped a distributor body in my small metal lathe
to spin the shaft.  You need to provide power to the Pertronix unit and
then it's up to you if you just want to be sure it's switching properly
(load resistor to ground and use an oscilloscope) or go full up with a coil
and spark plug to be sure it actually gives a hot spark.

The hardest part is setting up something that will spin the distributor
shaft at something resembling normal engine speeds.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair