<VV> cam question

Randy (Cap'n) Hook judynrandy at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 11:08:04 EDT 2021

Upon disassembling the 95 hp engine from my '65 500, I was blown away at the amount of sludge I found inside.  And also from the amount of damage to the lifters.  All 12 were severely dimpled.  And, if the lifters are dimpled, then it would stand to reason that the cam must be severely worn as well.  It seems that the previous owner knew nothing about that ZDDP thing. The rest of the engine seems ok.  It's weird.  I drove the car about 3 weeks prior to my beginning to work on it and it ran fine.  I figured that all it would need is a good cleaning and reseal.  Then, I looked inside.  Oh well.
My question is this: since I have a parts 110 engine to use, if I put the cam and lifters from it into this otherwise totally stock 95, what will that do to the power curve?  Also, the car is also going to have a 4 spd  installed instead of the 3 spd.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, PA
'65 500 coupe