<VV> Idiot lights.

William Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sun Jun 27 18:02:05 EDT 2021

That’s how the Gen-Fan light is supposed to be.  Look at the circuit - when the ignition is on and the car is not running, one side of the bulb gets 12v from the ignition circuit and the other side is connected to the generator output.  So long as the generator is putting out 12v there is no current flow through the bulb so it is not lit.  If the generator stops charging (belt breaks) that lead grounds tans the bulb lights up.

Bill Hubbell