<VV> FAIR? price for core motor?

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 06:30:29 EST 2021

In a real world the value of a 140 "core " motor is how complete is it , the & stamp on the crank shaft , the heads (but they WILL need expensive rebuilding) and Distributor . Carbs and linkage will all need rebuilding also. I never count the cylinders , pistons , and lifters with cam as much because of what I have found on most high mileage motors. If it is a rare low miles motor clean inside , value is more of course. So to determine real value the top and valve covers need to come off. In my past I have paid low bucks for unknown condition motors unless I get to tear into them. I learned long ago risk on finding a real problem (broken piston , valve seat bad etc) in a core motor is high.
 MY 2 cents from Tim Colson   C N Y C C