<VV> Run-on engine

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 05:37:37 EDT 2021

Thats is one reason I am not big on 4 carb motors. It takes a lot of intense careful work to get that linkage to work properly. A lot of "angles" need to be just right.The supports on each carb are easily bent up or down , and they need to be just right back and forth. IF worn , I would consider the bearing block or bearing kits. BUT even they need real precise adjusting in all planes. Then the rods between the carbs need to be polished and very free moving. Slight binding in any spot can not be tolerated. I spent a lot of time getting a 4 carb set perfect for Phil's beautiful loadside project and it came out very nice. But it was not easy!. Spend the time to study and understand EVERY angle  of every part , and it will work. Any slop needs to be dealt with. Start with each carb unhooked. make sure each carb is very free and returns well after actuated. Even a problem with a accel pump spring or cup or the rod the cup is on can hurt you. Then work on the linkage. Check each one unhooked , then hook them up and make sure the car portion is free. Have fun , take your time , this is tricky stuff to do right!
 Regards, Tim Colson   C N Y C C   been there done that.    http://www.cnycorvair.com/Little_Corvair_Shop.php