<VV> Powerglide low gear.

Juno Mail bmoneill at juno.com
Thu Oct 14 10:17:59 EDT 2021

I am working on a 1965 110HP.  It has a new high stall torque and a rebuilt Glide. It is up on jack stands.   I filled it with 13 pints of fluid as per the book.  First, I put in about 6 pints and then started the engine,  As the engine was running I added the remainder of the fluid.  I ran it though the gears and was surprised the hear that the wheels speed up when I put it in low.  Thinking the throttle linkage might be wrong I disconnected the throttle rod from the arb cross shaft.  Got the the same result but no movement of the carb shafts.  Any info?  If the car wheels were on the ground would I not experience this? Thanks.