<VV> 1964 Trunk louvers

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Oct 26 10:12:08 EDT 2021

On 10/25/2021 5:53 PM, N2VZD TIM via VirtualVairs wrote:
> I put gas heaters in several 64's and 2 Lakewoods (61 &62)
> Very nice option for fall touring. Converts top down will keep you warm from the belt down in parades but might melt the road if you stop too long..

One of the guys who years ago had been in the local chapter used to have
a '61 700 coupe with a gas heater.  It had some sort of issue with fuel
pressure or maybe an exhaust pipe leak or similar.  When the heater was
up and running and had reached full temperature it would work normally
the entire time except for an intermittent BANG out of its exhaust pipe
when the heater burner cycled on and off which shot a tongue of flame
from under the car that was visibly evident when it was dark outside.
It was almost funny, he'd said.  People in traffic looked around as if
expecting a drive-by shooting.  My guess was an exhaust leak that
allowed a bit of fresh air to mix with the not quite completely burned
exhaust exiting the heater burner.

The heater in my '60 had rust holes in the exhaust pipe, but it never
"backfired" like that.

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com