<VV> A/C car idle question

Grant gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 17:53:29 EDT 2022

I am rebuilding the carbs on a 1964 PG sedan with air conditioning. The owner is also complaining about high idle and low gas mileage (8-10 mpg). It has a idle speed-up solenoid that it is plumbed to a T-fitting in the line from the base of the carb to the choke pull off. Is that correct? If the idle is turned down, it will shut off with the A/C on when coming to a stop. The solenoid is from a 1965 car if that matters. I only want to do this once since the carbs are a bit hard to get to.

Thanks
Grant