<VV> Trailering any car

Seth Emerson sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 14:09:27 EST 2022

I always shot for 10% of the trailer weight onto the hitch ball. (Industry recommended) I borrowed a nifty scale which sat under the threaded bottom of the hitch ball. You zero the scale then load and position the car to create the desired amount of weight on the tongue/ball. I then spray painted a line on both sides of the trailer at the center line of the front wheels. Easy to put the car back in the same position when tying down. (Of course, U-haul might not appreciate it!)
Yep, a trailer for a full size car should be long enough (mine is only 16 feet).  You don't really want the CG "well forward", just "forward enough".  Too much tongue weight is a bad idea just like not enough, the goal is "just right".

--Bryan