<VV> Suggestions for LM Coupe interior door+ panel R&R

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 20:45:57 EDT 2022

Steve,
 Frank's response is right on the button.  However, I would like to add a couple of comments. 1.  If the handles have been removed any time in the past, the clips may have been installed backwards.  If the tool does not work at first coming in from one side, try coming in from the opposite side.  I.E. if the tool doesn't work from the lever/crank side try from the other side.  The clip can work either way. 2.  When you go to reinstall the handles, leave the clips off at first.  Push the male/female splines together without the clips until you have handles where you want them.  Remember that you will have wound the windows up and down several times and one or more may not be seated into the seals completely.  If you pop the handles on with the clips and the position is off, you will need to fish the clip off again.  Once you know where everything goes, slide the handles off, install the clips and pop the handles back on. 3.  This probably goes without saying but lube up the latch and lock mechanisms while you are in there. Doc~~~~~~~~~~~~