<VV> Suggestions for LM Coupe interior door+ panel R&R

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 22:28:23 EDT 2022

You need the tool for GM cars to remove the handles. When you use it,
watch for flying clips and reuse them. Also the plastic washers behind
the handle. You slip the tool between the handle and the plastic washer
with the tool along the handle.

PLEASE! take pictures of the handle positions before removing them.
There is a specific spot (well, close...out of many spline
possibilities) on the shaft for the handle to operate without hitting
knees, etc. and ease of opening door. Take pictures with the windows all
the way up.

To install, put clip on all the way. Then with the plastic washer on the
shaft, position the handle (with the windows up) like the picture shows,
push it on slightly, make sure you can feel the splines fit, and bump it
with your hand in the round part where the shaft is behind.

You can try those plastic tools at Harbor Freight to pry the door panels
off. Note, the clip is only one way from the hole (L shaped), and if you
pry where the steel clip L part isn't you can damage the door panel.
Just watch as you pry and if it doesn't look right, come from the pother
side of the clip. I use the other end of the tool for removing the GM
clip, but scratching is a real possibility. Maybe tape to help. The clip
looks like this:

https://gmclassics.com/part/door-panel-install-clip-see-notes-for-application/

A tool that looks like this is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-76951-Window-Handle-Removal/dp/B000CO96VI

Frank DuVal