<VV> Spyder Tach and XR700 ignition

corvair at frontiernet.net corvair at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 1 20:41:59 EDT 2022

The ignition system is designed for a 6.  There is no other option.
Jim B.

On Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 8:05 PM, Bryan Blackwell via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

As far as I know, that's a setting on the tach, not the ignition output.  Basically the trigger wire indicates each spark, and the tach converts that into RPM.  Since we are dealing with a stock tach, that shouldn't be the case here.

I don't know enough about how a tach works to diagnose it further, unfortunately, other than to suggest re-checking the connections.

--Bryan