<VV> Kind of gas for 62 Monza 110

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 07:29:51 EST 2023

 Maybe just a typo. 24 degrees of advance is too much for a 110 engine. That's for the turbo engines with pressure retard. 16-18 is plenty for a 110 engine.There are other octane boosters available. Generally speaking, they'll give you 2-3 points more octane.A remote oil cooler is a great addition to keep things cool on our air-cooled engines. The only issue with one is where to mount it. I had one on my Stinger that was mounted in the engine compartment with a thermostatically controlled fan on it. Even if the fanbelt came off it kept things cool enough to get the car off the interstate without the head temps exceeding 400 degrees. Of course, the oil temps climbed quickly.Paul Fox