<VV> VIN Verification

svsassi at aol.com svsassi at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 15:13:11 EST 2023

In another post the build plate information was provided which shows when the car was manufactured.  As pointed out it was made at the Willow Run plant.  To verify that the car is properly represented (the car is actually a Corsa) you can look at the VIN number.
If it is a 1966 Corsa convertible, the beginning of the VIN number should be:
107676W
First digit 1 means it's a ChevroletThe next two digits, 07 means it's a Corsa (01 would be standard, 05 would be Monza)The next two digits is the body style.  67 is convertible, 37 is coupe (39 is sedan which would not apply in this case)The next digit is the last digit of the model year.  In your case it should be a 6 for 1966.W is the manufacturing plant (W for Willow Run)
Hope this helps.
Steve SassiLong Island Corvair Assoc. (LICA) VP
----Original Message-----From: Mark Plucenik via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>