<VV> 1966 vin question

Gary Bullman gary.bullman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:11:51 EST 2023

Mark,

The VIN (on stainless tag by battery) is total Corvair production, so you’re right it was the 20102nd Corvair built at Willow Run.  To find out which convertible it was you need to look at the body tag which is located on the frame rail behind the distributor.  Under General Motors Corporation the first 3 characters are month and week of body assembly (number is month, letter is week), then the sole letter is the color the interior was painted.  The next line has what you want;

66-10767 is a 66 Corsa Convertible, WRN is Willow Run, the the number before Body is the sequence of yours for all Corsa Convertibles.

For example my car’s body was made 4th week of October (implied it was in 1965 as a 66 model year) and it was number 737 of 66 Corsa Convertibles.  I know someone in Southeast PA that has a 66 Corsa that I believe was built 2 week before (or maybe 2 weeks after, not sure).  I’d be curious where you fall in the model year.

Hope this helps.

Gary Bullman