<VV> Diff leak update 66 Saginaw

Seth Emerson sethracer at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 21:16:58 EST 2023

 Mark - Can you remove the existing throw-out collar and bore the inner hole deeper so the second seal will seat in close to the original location? I have one of the pieces removed and, after reading about your issue, looked it over a bit. It looks like there is plenty of "meat" to bore a little deeper. That will also place the retaining ring in the right position to stay put. You might want to locate the seals so they will be contacting a "virgin" area on the shaft, not one that has hosted a seal for 60 years! To me, all those shafts look okay. You are running a new pilot bushing, right?
-Seth Emerson