<VV> Diff leak

Mark Plucenik markplucenik at verizon.net
Thu Nov 23 13:11:44 EST 2023

Here is an update on my differential leak.  Finley got it fixed. I had a
couple of shafts so I chose the straightest, checking them in my lathe and
dial indicator. Both seemed to be acceptable, the worst being about .004
out. I also replaced the pilot bushing this time. Now the best part, I did
use 2 seals, C495. The first seal fits tight just like you would expect. The
2ed seal is loose because of the "step " in the differential. My solution
was to use some brass shim stock to build up the OD of the second seal. I
found that .002 shim stock worked perfect. I used a small amount of gel
superglue to attach the shim stock to the seal, perfect fit. Also used the
factory split washer. Everything goes together fine. Attached are some
pictures of my seal correction, I used my old leaky seals for my test
fitting.