<VV> Diff Leak

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:16:22 EST 2023

On 11/13/2023 12:00, Mark Plucenik wrote:
> My car is a 1966 Corsa , 4 speed and
> I have just recently replaced the differential pinon seal 3 times now and it
> still leaks 'allot".  This is the quarter size seal that goes inside the
> through-out bearing snout , C495.
I had this problem in our Greenbrier more than a decade ago. It turned
out the be a bent transmission input shaft.  A replacement seal would
last a while, then eventually start leaking.  Place the shaft on some
V-blocks, chuck in a lathe, or place it on a flat table to measure run out.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI