<VV> Mirror removal follow up

Grant gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 15:38:09 EDT 2023

I sent a request for advice last month on removing a damaged rear view mirror that a previous owner had installed incorrectly by gluing the mirror to the mounting tab and both to the windshield. I was advised that some combination of alcohol or acetone and heat would do the trick. I doused it with alcohol for a while and then used my heat gun. When it seemed "wiggly" I eased it off along with a large chunk of the windshield glass. My advise is to leave such to a class shop with experience. I will be replacing the windshield. I should have just swigged the alcohol!
Grant