<VV> Oil filter fun gets more complex

Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Apr 8 19:06:44 EDT 2024

I asked earlier about the colors of filters and what years apply.  Finally with this mountain of filters and people wanting to know how many of what I have my wife and I discovered many things!

the oldest black/white with separate base gasket has at least two different screenprints (or however they get the white on there).  They are very different!

The next oldest I think are the blue/red.  They have different screenprints but it is way more complex.  First, a good percentage of mine have separate base gasket from the filter, like the old black/white.  I have people claiming “no such thing” except I have a lot of filters that say otherwise.  They include the base gasket.  Not only are the screenprints of several variations, but the color is not identical.  The older ones are more violet (not really violet, but more so than the later blue).  Crazy!

All the later ones have variations in the screenprinting – stripes?  Yes and no!  Wording, not the same.

If there is a total oil filter geek out there, maybe they can tell us all about these variations.  If anyone wants different versions let me know.

Very odd!

Also odd.  I listed these months ago.  No serious activity.  Now they are flying off the shelf.  My 50+ filters are likely less than half now.  Must be spring and people are going to work on their cars 😊

Eric

Eric S Eberhard
2933 W Middle Verde Rd
Camp Verde, AZ  86322