<VV> Adding trans/transaxle lube

Jay jjn at nuge.com
Sat Sep 26 14:04:08 EDT 2026


Greetings,

On Sat, 26 Sep 2026, Tim Frederick via VirtualVairs wrote:

> Spellcheck changed subject text. I am adding 90w lube.
>
>> On Sep 26, 2026, at 1:31 PM, Tim Frederick <tcf2769 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am working on a 1964 Spyder Coupe with a 4 speed trans. I just 
>> acquired this vehicle and when checking the transaxle fluid level, it 
>> does not appear on the dipstick.

    Yup, it's low...

>> Can anyone tell me where to add the gear oil? I have read several 
>> articles that say different things.

    Use GL-4 80W90 gear lube.  NOT GL-5!

    I just purchased a couple quarts of "DRIVEN GL-4 80W90" from Amazon.

       --- Jay Nugent
           o CORSA member
           o DACC member
           0 1964 Greenbrier Delux 95HP engine with Powerglide
           Ypsilanti, Michigan



More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list