[1969] Mark

Marvin Crook marvin.crook at verizon.net
Tue Nov 11 22:52:16 EST 2008

69 Group Members,

The Corner Stone and foundation of our 69 Chapter has been shaken.  Therefore I want to assure each member of the 69 Group that as Mark would have wanted, we will go forward and grow stronger in his honor.  I am pleased to announce that Mark's wife Eve Ellis will take over as the Chapter Secretary-Treasurer.  Eve will be receiving membership renewals, keeping our roster current, and recording new VIN numbers of 69 cars that are found.  As you know Mark kept very detailed records and had a folder for each 69 that appeared on the roster.  Mark had just about completed the October issue of the 69'er Newsletter, so with some help from other members you should be receiving the newsletter in 2 to 4 weeks.  This is an area that the Chapter needs some help.  We need someone to take over as Newsletter Editor.  Please contact myself by E-Mail: marvin.crook at verizon.net or phone 704-289-4197.

Now for the Mark Ellis Award.  Yes! there will be one, but we have to comply with rules CORSA has in place for awards presented during a National Convention.  This is being worked out with Sara and Tim and we'll go with their decision.  Maybe a one time deal in Jacksonville in 09 and then a different schedule in the future.  The award itself should not be hastily put together and given.  Let's think about the purpose and meaning behind the award.  I have talked to Sara about this and I want Eve's input before making a final decision as to what the award will be given for.

We have lost a great friend and the many E-Mails proves just what Mark meant to so many.  We will miss him and his knowledge of the 69 Corvair that draws our membership together throughout the country. Eve we all pray for you and wish you well in the month's ahead.

Marvin Crook
President - The 69 Group