<CORSA Chapters> York US30 Show

JOSEPH DARINSIG joedarinsig@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:53:30 -0800 (PST)

 From Joe Darinsig
Central Pa. Corvair Club
Chapter # 170

 I am forwarding a York US30 Drag Reunion and
Musclecar Madness Show Press Release. The show will be
held in York, Pa. on July 9-10, 2004, at the York Expo
Center (Fairgrounds). Celebrity racers Malcolm Durham
and Hayden Proffitt will be attending. They both raced
Corvair Funny Cars in the mid-'60s era !!!
 Here is your chance to meet these famous Corvair
racers. Get their autographs, photos, and talk racing
galore all weekend...... The Press Release will give
additional information about the show.
 There were three Corvairs featured at last years
fabulous show. My 1966 Corsa coupe will be featured in
the indoor show in street trim. The previous two years
it was displayed in nostalgia '60s era drag race trim
- just as the car was raced at York from 1966 to 1968.
The Corvairs were a big hit with the public,
representing our Corvair clubs and potential new CORSA
members. Go to www.yorkus30.com website, click on
Photo Gallery. Then click on 3rd. Annual Pre-Show
Photos to see some of the rare drag cars and Cruise In
show cars that will be attending this year. My '66
Corsa coupe is frame/photo # 40.