<CORSA Chapters> Club Autocross Corvair

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 5 21:49:34 EDT 2006

Although the late models have better suspensions for auto-x,  that 64
suspension with a nicely tuned 110 or 140 moter (non-turbo)  4 speed
preferred but PG is workable <especially to get more members involved>
Sound brakes,  and decent motor are key.  cosmetics can be done anytime.
Just keep it mild <don't try to make it an all out competition car -- that
is expensive>  Compete against each other not the other SCCA cars in GS or
ESP.

If enough members express an interest in a club car -- cool.

Local SCCA events should be able to keep the car busy  plus there's SECC
and other mostly corvair events.

I've let my Dad (turns 70 this year) drive my CP (corsa CC) #3 goodwrench
car.  He had  blast -- not fast,  but had a blast.  Smitty's "spike" and the
WTBRT #112 car are nice examples of auto-x prepped cars that are streetable
yet lots of fun .  Both done with a "corvair" budget.

tim mahler
PCCA prez
CORSA VP