<CORSA Chapters> Club Autocross Corvair

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Thu Apr 6 19:51:15 EDT 2006

I think it could be a great idea, but you really need to pick the
brains of the folks that have done it.  Unfortunately, Group Corvair
(Washington DC area) has not done anything like this.

But that won't stop me from offering some thoughts.  :-)

There are some issues you'd need to resolve -- mostly the legal and
related hassles.  First, who owns the car and how is it titled and
registered?  Who insures it?  How do you protect the club and
individuals from law suits if there should be an accident?  Who is
responsible for the maintenance?  Where do you store it?  How do you
get it to events, even when the person who's storing it is not
available?  How do you finance the inevitable repairs?

These and similar questions sound rather daunting, but if you can
solve them, you are more than 90% of the way toward success.  And I
wish you every bit of luck and success!  I wish Group Corvair could
have pulled off such at thing years ago.

The EM coupe could be a great autocross car -- light, stiff, and
decent handling.  Have at it and keep us informed.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair