<CORSA Chapters> Club Autocross Corvair

BEllison at bbafiberweb.com BEllison at bbafiberweb.com
Sun Apr 9 21:48:56 EDT 2006

Dave...

> OK, I'm a little confused as to what club autocross cars are out there.
> Are several of you talking about the SAME car??  I wonder how many
> others are out there as well?  Gail & Padgett mentioned the CFC club car
> (Padgett sent me a picture- white cp. with #328 & a picture of FL on the
> side).  Barry, you mentioned the SECC car that is white with blue
> stripes.  Is that the one that says "Heart of GA Corvair Club?" on the

 [<Barry>] Not that I remember.  Check Scott's site for pics of the club car
- can't miss it - big 328 on the side, and the vendors are on the back
quarter.  Here's a link directly to the pic where they're working on it.
Other pics of the same car are on Scott's site.
http://corvair.us/cgi-bin/chevrolet_corvair/photos.html?mv_arg=tsa&chevrolet
=corvair&event=2006%20SECC&photo_number=29

> front fender?  Doesn't SECC stand for South East Central Corvair (just a

 [<Barry>] errr, I think it's South East Corvair Council, like NECC.  Both
support high speed events.

> guess)?  I looked on www.corvair.org, but couldn't find it with a quick
> look.  Chuck, you sent me to the web site that shows the #112 car that
> you did so much work on.  Is that a different car, or just before it was
> painted white?  You mentioned almost $4,000 spent.  Wow!  I'm not sure
> we're ready to spend that much just yet!!

 [<Barry>] HAHAHAHA.  If you knew this car, you'd know why that was so
funny.  The WTBRT car (Where's The Beef Racing Team), a.k.a. Ole 112, is
also in the pics at the same site above.  They brag this car can't roll
over, cause it's already been rolled once.  That's how they painted it, with
rollers.  ;)  Oh, and Chuck and Scott's isn't a club car.  It's their
personal.

I personally think you can do that for a lot less.  Keeping a road worthy
car, tagged and insured could get costly over time.  Scott and Chuck have
320+ runs on ole 112. 328 if I remember right.  They're writing it in Magic
marker on the roof.  They trailer it.

 [<Barry>] "If your only tool is a hammer, then the whole world is a nail."
I'd start with the 64.  It's there and available.  Get out and drive!

Barry

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.