<CORSA Chapters> Sharing Chapter Members

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Jan 2 09:18:30 EST 2007

Unintended consequences:

My local club, NJACE, currently has dues of $19/year.  Last year we switched to an electronic e-mail newsletter for all members who could recieve it that way, which proved to be better than 85%.  A big, big savings.

But...

Electronic newsletters are far more easily "lost," that is, out of sight, out of mind.  Attendance at meetings and activities dropped.  "Oh," members would say, "I forgot about it."  No newsletter lying around the house.

So, we've added a monthly post card reminder of basic schedule items.  Far less costly than an entire newsletter, and serves to "reinforce" the information in the newsletter.

--Bob