<CORSA Chapters> Sharing Chapter Members

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Tue Jan 2 20:32:25 EST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 8:07 PM, Vairtec at optonline.net wrote:

> At 03:56 PM 1/2/07, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>
>> Just a thought, you could send an "e-card" reminder.  I'd do it a few
>> days before the actual meeting, since not everyone checks e-mail
>> daily.
>
> The e-card reminder solves only part of the problem.  What it doesn't
> solve is the problem of members who do not keep up on their e-mail,
> nor the natural tendency for people to forget anything that is not
> physically in front of them.  So, we have settled, for now, on sending
> the newsletter electronically and a reminder post card by the USPS.

So, you used to send one mailing - the newsletter. It cost you $.39
postage plus copy costs.

Now you have two mailings and an e-mail - the newsletter to those who
aren't on e-mail; the post card which costs $.24 postage; and the
e-mail reminder.

You save $0.15 in postage plus copy costs minus the cost of a post card
(assuming your newsletter isn't over an ounce) for everyone you e-mail
the newsletter to (the difference between a $0.39 stamp and a $0.24
stamp).

Instead of one mailing now you have two and an e-mail. Is it really
worth it? The $0.15 per month is $1.80/year/member. How much are your
copy costs and your post card expenses? How much is the extra work to
send the second mailing and the e-mail worth?

Interesting scenario.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina