<CORSA Chapters> spam infiltration, member counts, etc. sorry for the length!

Ellison, Barry BEllison at fiberweb.com
Sat Jan 27 09:44:08 EST 2007

I'll answer for Corsa SC, 296.  We're the one located in the upstate of
South Carolina.  There's another in the Myrtle Beach/Charleston area.

<snipped what I could not respond to>

> 2. Our club operates on a calendar year basis, so each January we try to
> get everyone to "re-up" quickly. It's a lot easier to track "current
> members" who owe their dues and once done, we only have to deal with
> chasing the few stragglers that hold out or procrastinate. Although, last
> year we've been "gathering" new members at a rapid pace (we hope to keep
> them!) We've established a date of the last part of September (after the
> Clark's Show which generates additional members) and after for new
> recruits being inducted for the following year, so they're not required to
> pay dues again for the next year so soon.

[<Barry>] Yes, we're similar with a reduced rate after July 1st. If it's
October or so, why bother joining at all?  Just join for the next year.

One thing we do to encourage the payment of dues for the next year is to
have a big raffle at the Christmas party.  The club gives one big item
ticket to each "member in good standing", i.e. they've paid their dues for
the next year.  We give out several hundred dollars of Corsa goods, Clark's
and Underground's gift certificates, etc.  Everyone goes home with
something.

Another thing this helps with is having a good solid bank account to work
with for the coming year.

IMHO, you need an early cutoff, Feb 1st at the latest, or a Feb club
meeting.

>  3. How many members does each chapter have? From last year's listings of
> potentials, I've got a list of nearly 82 members, of which to this date 33
[<Barry>] You'll have to get that info from CORSA.

> 4. How many club members of each club are CORSA members? I'm trying to
> gather this information through our application process and will be

[<Barry>] 100% of our club are CORSA members.  It's required after you've
been in the club for 1 year.  If you refuse to join CORSA, we refund your
Corsa SC dues.  (I know it sounds kind of harsh, but we've lost very few
members this way.  We grandfathered in older members at the time this was
established, but to my knowledge we have no one grandfathered in at this
time.  We do this to support the national org, w/o which we wouldn't have a
local.)

> 6. I know there was some discussion a little while ago on this, but on e-
> mailing pdf file newsletters out, has anyone else had difficulties with
> members not being able to download their newsletter properly. I know some
> computer users are more savvy than others, which is probably where the
> difficulty lies, but maybe some of you may have some input on this
> particular opportunity. I publish in as early an acrobat version as
> possible so those who haven't updated their own versions will have access,
> but I've been getting more and more people saying they can't download
> properly. I try to keep the file size as small as possible (2MB or less),
> but I DO publish six double-sided sheets every month...

 [<Barry>] Crikey, 6 double-sided sheets?  No download problems that we've
heard of.  2mb is a fairly large pdf.  (I'm a computer programmer)  Must be
lots of pics.  Most email programs shouldn't have a hard time with that
unless they're inbox is full.  We also have a yahoo group website where
they're posted and can be downloaded by anyone in the group.  The group is
limited currently to only people in the club.  Maybe if we remove the
newsletter it would be acceptable to invite anyone.

 [<Barry>] That's about all the insight I can give you.

Barry Ellison
BOD Member at Large
Ex Corsa SC VP and Pres.
65 Corsa, hope to have it running today
65 Monza vert, runs fine.
61 Lakewood PG, project
64 Monza Coupe PG, project

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your system. E mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such occurrence or the consequences of it.

This message has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service.