<CORSA Chapters> Corvair at meetings

Ellison, Barry BEllison at fiberweb.com
Thu May 31 14:47:49 EDT 2007

> Some of
> > > ideas have worked and we get a pretty good turn out but I won't be
> happy until
> > > we're at 100%. Anyhow, I was wondering what, if anything, other clubs
> do to
> > get
> > > the Corvairs out for meetings?

You'd be one unhappy puppy with CORSA SC.  We have one member that until
recently didn't own anything but Corvairs.  He's the only person you can
count on to drive his Corvair.  I try to drive mine when I attend but I've
not been attending lately.  There are few people that will drive their's
occasionally.  We have people driving from 3-60 miles to our monthly
meetings.  Frankly I think people are just spoiled with A/C, and quiet
dependable rides and working windshield wipers.

We have a monthly raffle. We tried giving extra free tickets to people that
drove their corvairs.  That semi-worked.  When I was president, I took the
names one month of all the people that drove Corvairs, pulled one, and gave
the winner $5 from my own pocket.

A few years back we had a "Corvair person of the year" awarded at the
Christmas party.  You got a point for attending the mtg, and another for
driving your corvair to each meeting and more points for participating in
events and even more if you brought your covair.  This worked pretty good
too, but we just dropped it as the President changed hands.

Barry

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your system. E mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such occurrence or the consequences of it.

This message has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service.