<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Jan 3 19:23:08 EST 2008

I got a bounce-back message on my first try, so I am sending this
again.  My apologies if this is a re-run.

At 08:38 PM 1/1/2008, tim mahler wrote:

>Chapter Qs
>
>Do you renew members first of the year ?  or 1 year after joining?
>Are there specific advantages to one method or the other?   or just
>hard to change once started?

In NJACE, we renew everyone on April 1st; the membership year is
considered to run April 1st through March 31st.  We do this because
in the Spring, activities ramp up and members begin to come out, so
it is easier to get the renewals.

Many years (1970s) ago we renewed everyone on their anniversary date,
but it was an administrative headache.

We also offer two-year renewals at a small discount.

New members get a first year that ranges from 12 to 23 months
depending on when they join, a bit of a bonus for new members.

>Does anyone ask if membership is desired in the National club
>(CORSA)?   I know some require it Is it part of the membership
>application for the local ?

NJACE encourages but does not require CORSA membership.

Currently 88 member households.

--Bob Marlow
Secretary, NJACE