<CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

King,Bob,Allentown,Purchasing Bob.King at purina.nestle.com
Fri Mar 14 07:44:12 EDT 2008

I thought this discussion was over? Most of the clubs it appears to me
are not interested in forced mandatory membership!

There are a couple points missed that may apply to the other clubs. With
about 60 in our club and 16 being a typical meeting there are a lot of
members that will stay local members for $10 email dues a year. Many, of
them are not Corsa members and if forced they would probably drop out
and the club loose their financial support and their occasional
attendance. Usually they attend at one or more of our events which is
another big aspect we are missing. Having everyone's support for events
helps make the clubs successful. Many dont want to spend an afternoon
every month socializing. Another point as fuel costs go up the distance
to the meetings is going to become even more of an issue. To Bob M's
point :it costs me $25 + for gas to drive to and from my meeting. I
didn't miss any last year nor this year yet. That adds up.  Now being
the Pres. I have more than a little incentive to be there but the non
officer member has only his relationship with his friends in the club as
motivation and I guarantee at $25 for gas 3/4 of the club would not be
driving to many meetings it they were as far away as me. Still they have
told us they love the newsletter. We are trying to get those that
dropped out of Corsa or never joined back to Corsa but they indicate
being a local member is all they are interested in if you can get them
to talk about it. Many have maybe one running car if that, Corvairs are
no longer one of the focus's of their life any longer (hard to
believe!), but they still want to be part of the antique classic car
hobby..

There were other suggestions for getting potential members to join,
mandatory requirements are not one of them.

Sincerely,

Bob King