<CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

flat6vair at insightbb.com flat6vair at insightbb.com
Fri Mar 14 09:18:21 EDT 2008

Well,   the note was note meant to repeat the mandatory vs voluntary membership debate

It was intended to encourage all of us,  myself included,  to talk to our fellow chapter members about joining CORSA.   There is a large potential for more members,  many are not club member types,  others are.

It was also intended to give the chapter officers a heads up -- the next year or two may be OK,  but budget projections 3, 4, and 5 years out look bleak unless something is changed -- Drastic reductions in expenses  or something to increase revenues. the latter is typically read as higher dues,  BUT the reality is that more members is a BETTER alternative than higher dues.  IF we can find the members.  A large number non CORSA members exist in the chapters.  An easy target to encourage to be CORSA members.  Not all will be.  Are many who just want to keep up with the local chapter after 20-30 or more years of involvement.  These "older" members are not mostly inactive.  Personnally,  I fully understand these local chapter members.

What about the others?     What is the reason for the 60 year old with 2-5 Corvairs,  who attends the local shows,  for not wanting to join CORSA?   Communique arrives in pieces?  No other CORSA events that they attend?   Mad at CORSA home office?  Mad at the Board?   Or just didn't know?

tm