<CORSA Chapters> FW: Combining Chapter and National membership fees; shar...

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Feb 28 12:39:39 EST 2009

I think you guys are missing the part about this being voluntary. Bill,
correct me if I'm wrong, but this wouldn't replace allowing members to pay the
local chapter dues directly to the chapter. The intent is to enable members to
pay both national and local dues at one place and one time, a convenience
thing  nothing mandatory about it. The local chapter can still use their "local
muscle"  to get their dues anyway they want.

As for the timing thing, a member can pay CORSA anytime (it's like the
Chicago thing, pay early, pay often - my apologies to everyone in Chicago and  the
fine state of Illinois). If your club collects due based on the calendar,
your member can pay CORSA at that time. If it's early they would already be
credited when their due date comes up. If it's late, they would be reinstated
with a new renewal date that's the same as the local club. Guess I don't see
this as a problem. Of course this would only be an option, chapter members would
not be mandated to pay their local dues this way.

I do think there are some logistics that will have to be worked out.  Signing
up for multiple chapters, frequency of sending checks to the chapters  and
others will be need to be worked out by M&P and the BoD.

I really love this idea, I'm all for everything that's convenient.

Ned

In a message dated 2/28/2009 10:45:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,