<CORSA Chapters> Combining Chapter and National membership fees; shared databases

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 14:14:55 EST 2009

I am agreement that this would be good.  But us management types are over
simplifying the web developement thus. Such as When do you count a month a
whole month?  1st? 3rd? 15th? 25th?  Just one of many things to be
sorted/decided to make this work.

OK.  Doable.  Takes time -- time away from other projects,  Harry does not
have unlimited time. <damn>    Lots of projects,  my next task is too look
at the many suggestions from VV and elsewhere and set my priorities,  then
ask the board what they think.

Another expense  Paying online incurs a processing fee.  not significant,
but the CORSA budget has noticed it.  But,  I think CORSA will pay those
fees on behalf of the chapters .

It can be done as an optional thing.   pay direct to the chapter,  or online
through CORSA,   Does NOT need to be linked to a CORSA renewal -- think
shopping cart of chapter dues.   Pick the chapters you want to join -- one
or many  I pay dues to 3 chapters;
Being able to renew all three chapters at once, is a convenience that helps
the chapters.

And helping the chapters is a good thing because the chapters are the ones
that are best able to recruit new CORSA members.

I've added this to the project list......which is getting quite long.
Setting some priorities is the next step for the board.  The back-end
reporting system -- readily viewable by the chapter reps <Jack Pinard's
suggestion,  open reporting>  is important.

Other gotchas?

tim mahler