<CORSA Chapters> Mims Award

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 11:44:42 EDT 2009

Thanks Bob for the input - I certainly agree the background to any motion is prevalent, informative and should be incorporated or outlined in the motion(s).  Most or some at least have a "Background:" slot exactly for the superlative information.  That would have been helpful in this motion, and again thanks for your clarification.

At the past convention, you indicated that you would  provide a policy and procedure (whatever was needed) for the Mimms award.  The CORSA President, Tim Mahler -  below outlined that "The policy/procedure turned out to be the the
Autocross rules themselves being modified instead of creating a
new separate policy/procedure."

I looked at the CORSA website and found a copy of these rules - last updated February 2008.  Is there a new set of rules that have been completed or is this the current version?

What modifications needs to be added or that has been added to the current rules edition (Dtd 02/2008) for the classes/motion.

Jamie Mentioned"

"The award will be a Pink metal appliqué, 1/2" X 2" with the words
"Donna Mae Mimms Award", added to the trophy, or plaque, or whatever
the first place award is."

Will there need to be any changes or additions in the other CORSA policies?

Do you agree with a wording change as mentioned by some of the posts or to expand the motion as was mentioned by Bryan?

Interesting Comment by Bob D.:  " If we want the entire membership to vote on everything why do we have a board of directors? "

 I was not aware the membership was voting on this motion - but instead voicing their collective experienced opinion(s). I thought we had a conversation about increasing the lines of communication with the membership.......I could be mistaken but I do think it is a great idea to hear more ideas and recommendations.

Interesting Comment by Bob D: "The people who will be winning the award were given the information before the motion was even made."

LOL - Surely you jest - I hope the awards haven't already been handed out.  Are we not going to allow any more competitors than the ones you have spoken to or provided the information to? (Don't get mad - I couldn't help it - and I tried)

Thanks again for the comments:  I left the Chapters list on the dialogue with respect to your post.  Kind regards

CORSA President Tim Mahlers Comments

The policy/procedure turned out to be the the
Autocross rules themselves being modified instead of creating a
new separate policy/procedure.

At the performance workshop,   attended
by many who do autocrosses,  i did not hear any negative
comments. Those I did hear were supportive.

tm