<CORSA Chapters> Member participation

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu May 28 01:06:58 EDT 2015

Thank you everyone for the replies. It seems our club's participation isn't much different from other clubs.

To come clean, we had a "new" member show up at a recent meeting saying the club had to change. He wanted us to do more things, different things than what we've been doing. Of course he hasn't participated in most of those events. We offered to "let" him plan an event but of course that was too much for him to do. He just wanted others to do everything he wanted. That is when he lost me.

Our monthly meeting begins with an unofficial dinner social. We then move to a local community center. It's a nice room in a nice building with it's own parking lot that we get for free. Sounds perfect for a car club, IMO. We meet on Saturday night. That has always been a concern of mine. Do we lose attendance because it's "date night?" Every time I suggest changing the night to a week night, it's overwhelmingly turned down. Of course that's by the folks that are there on a Saturday night.

On the plus side we have our Tunas, three times a year. These events are very successful and regionally (nationally?) famous. The success is 99.9% due to the hospitality of our host, Terry Kalp. The other 0.1% is the food, that's not an insult of the food.

I'm going to continue to work to make our club the best car club it can be. I will try my best to welcome new members into our club and not present them with a clique look. If I find any secrets on attracting new, younger members, I'll let you all know.

Ned