[FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

Keith Jarvis corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Feb 5 18:32:00 2003

Well, upon checking some things out for repair/replacement on the Brier, I
noticed something interesting. The Master Cylinder is a 2 bolt car (62-66)
MC, but it has provisions for four bolts. After noting the relative prices
of the master cylinders for the 61-early 62 versus the car, I realize why it
was done. It seems to seal just fine to the firewall, and the only problem
right now is that it's leaking from around the pushrod. Anyone else seen
this done/done this? For that matter, does it mean that I can use a dual
conversion MC for 63-65 FC's?