[FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 7 10:48:01 2003

The baffle just directs cold air from the air intakes to the rear of the
engine compartment where it mixes with the heated air from the holes in the
rear sheetmetal shrouds.  I never liked the fact that the heat on the right
side dumps right on the coil but I guess it doesn't hurt it.  In hot weather
I would bend the flaps down to shut off the hot air which helps prevent
vapor lock.  Then I learned to install an electric fuel pump under the floor
by the the tank to prevent vapor lock.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Ben Stiles
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 10:23 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

Yes, they did.  I had similar problems with my Greenbrier several years ago.
I only had a baffle on the right side of the engine compartment.  Guess
which carb was icing?  I found that the baffles are all the same, just
flipped around for left and right side.  I, too, have had no problems with
carb icing since I installed the left one.

Ben Stiles