[FC] suspensions changes on my greenbrier (long, but feedback appreciated)

Tue Jul 29 07:42:00 2003

In a message dated 7/28/2003 12:36:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Woohey@aol.com writes:

> i got the tires back on and the car off the jacks last nite, and it looks
> like the rear wheels are angled in (camber or caster ?), ALOT more than they
> were before i started.

   Did you roll the FC forward or back before you looked at the rear tire
camber? After just taking an early off jackstands, you need to roll the car to
let the tires settle to they're normal attitude, then look at where they set.
   How does the front set? It should now be somewhat level instead of a nose
in the air attitude.
   The 64 rear mount on the engine could push the engine forward which will
decrease toe in, which is not what you want, you do need toe in. The rear body
mount may have to be modified some, but when I did that to our 63 everything
went together fine. That was many years ago and the memory may have faded some.
   Ken Hand