[FC] Electric Fuel Pump Failure II

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Jul 29 23:45:01 2003

Hey everybody:

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on mechanical vs electric fuel pumps.

I drove my Baja Bug to work today.  When I returned home I checked out my FC
still sitting in the driveway where the tow truck dropped it.  I got in and
turned the key and the fuel pump started making it's normal quiet buzzing
sound and began pumping fuel again.  What the...&$#*

I started it up and drove it out of the 115 degree heat and into the garage.

I am not sure what is going on here.  Why is it working now and not
yesterday?

Before starting it today I was thinking that there may be some sort of fuel
blockage.  It has a filter on the inlet side of the fuel pump that is the
same age as the pump.  The sock in the tank is only about 2 years old and
the tank was cleaned and lined when I installed it.

The pump itself is mounted to the frame member right behind the fuel tank
right in the way of where the shift rod will go when I convert it to a 4
speed soon.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)