[FC] Two Cents

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Mar 5 01:11:01 2003

How can FC sales amount to very much...... there just were not that many made
originally and the amount that are still on the road today is a very small
portion of them.  When people refer to orphan makes, the Corvair is one of
those at the top of the list.  We are a very small part of the collector car
market and the FC is miniscule by comparison to other Corvairs.  I don't think
that any amount of support of the vendors will change this.  I don't know of
many yards that have any Vairs left in them and those that do, they are mostly
picked over and very rusty.  Cheap cores is another problem...... when one
figures in the cost of shipping the part to the vendor and what they will get
for it, it isn't worth the effort.  I used to sell a lot of cores to Clarks,
but that is only because I am able to deliver them myself and it is only a
short drive.  I am rapidly running out of cores and I don't have any desire to
do any more dismantling.  I have more NOS parts to sell than I will be able to
dispose of in my life time without taking cars apart for the meager amount
that I would get for the effort.  Considering the prices that are being bid on
e bay, I don't see much happening with Corvairs for the future.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: The Source, Inc.
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:51 AM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Two Cents

  We considered this part a long ago
  but the overall sales  volume of  FC parts are dismal
  A GM NOS  FC Rear Wheel Bearing just went for $ 175.00 on E Bay.

  The FC Boomerang was being rebuilt at one time; died for lack of sales.
  I was considering a reman service but need very cheap cores... +25 pcs.

  To be brutally blunt - support your Corvair Parts Vendors; show us some
  interest $
   the salvage yard and the local parts store are never going to reproduce
  anything.
  David