[FC] heat

Ben Stiles corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Oct 16 15:27:01 2003

I just put the lower shrouds on the Rmapside so I could have some heat.  I
might as well have routed the exhaust pipe into the cab.  Even with the
heater lever closed and no heater fan, I get a noxious fume bath in the
truck.  Smells strongly of gasoline, sort of like exhaust, with a little
scent of engine oil mixed in.  My Greenbrier does not have this problem, and
I actually like the old car smell in its heat.

Where might I start sealing up the engine to take away the gaseous fumes in
the cab of the Rampside?  It is not pleasant to drive like this.  Thank
goodness I do not drive it much in winter...

Thanks in advance!

Ben