[FC] Now a Vibration...UPDATE

Mon Sep 1 10:30:01 2003

In a message dated 9/1/03 2:41:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, source@adnc.com
writes:

> Mike Mauro
> Dumb thought - this is a PG vehicle...
> but is there a Clutch Pilot Bushing in the end of the Crankshaft ?
>
> Either Stator "Hub"  bent - should have been replaced with new
> or somehow mis-assembled the  TC case halves...
>
> How cheap was that "rebuilt" TC ?
> David

"Wern't" cheap....With gasket set & shipping, $325.00.  Which I'm good with
as long as the part is as advertised.  Still not sure.  The vehicle was already
a PG, so there would not have been a pilot bushing.  This change out occurred
at a foreign car/race car shop, supervised by a (Corvair) friend known for 25
years.  Unfortunately, he didn't do all the work himself....I get the parts,
and say what I want done.  I used to do EVERY bit of my own work, but age and
available time have forced me to look for alternatives.
As the run out is on the horizontal plane (like a poorly bolted mate up), I'm
hoping the fix will be loosen mounting bolts (from hole in bell
housing....I'm told this can be done), reposition, retighten.  Am I dreaming?
Mike Mauro