[FC] Changed Torque Converter, Now a Vibration...UPDATE

Mon Sep 1 10:35:01 2003

In a message dated 8/31/03 6:00:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
noahsarkinc@earthlink.net writes:

> I have never seen a converter that had that kind of run out ever.  The only
> thing that I can think of is that the collar on the converter is bent in
> relationship to the converter body...... but that would only make it wobble,
> not have 1/4" run out... only my opinion..... To have that amount of run
> out,
> it would have had to been welded together improperly.....

I may not have explained the condition well: The runout I speak of is on the
horizontal plane, not up and down.  The starter gear can be seen to wobble
back-n'-forth, left-to-right, at least 1/4".
Mike Mauro